Keeping your workplace safe in the Third Step
As we all move out of lockdown and into the Third Step of Victoria’s roadmaps for reopening
it's imortant to understand what is requiried of your business, staff and customers.
Every business that is open in Victoria must have a COVID-Safe Plan and follow the six COVID-Safe principles.
A COVID-Safe Plan
A COVID-Safe Plan supports a business in the protection of its staff, customers and visitors. It also prepares you for a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the workplace.
Your COVID- Safe Plan must demonstrate:
- your actions to help prevent the introduction of coronavirus (COVID-19) to your workplace
- the type of face mask or personal protective equipment (PPE) required for your workforce
- how you will prepare for, and respond to, a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus in your workplace
- how you will meet all the requirements set out by the Victorian Government. Some higher-risk industries or workplaces have additional requirements of employers and employees.
Find out more about a COVID-Safe Plan
The six COVID-Safe principles
All businesses must also follow the six COVID-Safe principles to help prevent future outbreaks of coronavirus (COVID-19).
1. Ensure physical distancing
2. Wear a face mask
3. Practice good hygiene
4. Keep records and act quickly
5. Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces
6. Create workforce bubbles
Find out more about the six COVID-Safe principles
It is important to communicate, to employees and customers, their responsibilities in ensuring a COVID-Safe workplace. Access a suite of signage, posters and questionnaires
(including visitor record sheets, staff health questionnaires, hygene advice, physical distance guidelines, and more) to help them to do the right thing.