About the workshop
Water in the nursery is one of the main inputs into your production system, but how much do you and/or your staff know about water management in your nursery?
If you cannot effectively measure the irrigation delivery system and drainage system performance or troubleshoot those day to day problems that will contribute to improving plant growth and overall nursery productivity, then you need to complete Waterwork.
The Waterwork workshop is a combination of lectures, practical exercises and classroom exercises, conducted over two days.
The workshop will be led by Bill Yiasoumi. Bill has extensive experience in irrigation and rural water management. He has a long association with production nurseries and is the co-author of the book, 'Managing Water in Plant Nurseries'.
Is this workshop for me?
This 2-day hands on workshop has been specifically designed for businesses who are wanting to improve or expand their water management systems within their nurseries.
Results experienced by operators that have changed their irrigation practices as a consequence of attending a Waterwork workshop include:
- better plant quality with faster and more even growth,
- significant water savings
The outcomes are a win for the nursery and the environment.
What you will learn:
Compare the main features of different irrigation systems including overhead, drip for container plants and bottom watering systems.
- Participants will undertake a practical session that goes through the process of evaluating the performance of fixed overhead sprinkler systems.
- Develop a drainage design for a nursery site. We will investigate the features that can be incorporated into a drainage system design, including associated hydraulics.
- Participants will be able to assess a site for drainage, develop a drainage design and identify the most appropriate options for dealing with drainage water.
- We will look at topics related to water supply assessment and quality, irrigation requirements and methods of water treatment and dis-infestation in production nurseries.
About your presenter:
Bill has extensive experience in irrigation and rural water management. He has led small multidisciplinary teams, developed course and training material, prepared irrigation designs and undertaken irrigation system reviews. His industry experience covers federal, state and local government, research and development as well as non-government organisations, particularly in the agribusiness sector. Bill has a strong commitment to mentor and develop capacity in individuals and teams.
Full Member / TSG Member: $250.00 pp
Non-Member: $350.00 pp
Price includes GST, morning tea, lunch and hot drinks.
note that as of 01 January 2020, NGIV will no longer be offering a 'Pay
Later' option for bookings. All bookings will need to be paid for at
the time of registration, this includes phone, email or online, so
please ensure you have a valid card ready for payment.