Latest COVID-19 Financial Support
The Business Costs Assistance Program and the Temporary COVID Disaster Payment, are both open for applications, and may provide financial assistance to your business/employees.
Business Costs Assistance Program
The program offers grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses (regional and metropolitan), including employing and non-employing businesses. The grants will support businesses in eligible sectors directly impacted by most affected by the restrictions announced on Thursday 27 May 2021 and extended beyond Thursday 3 June 2021.
Eligible sectors include:
4231 Hardware and Building Supplies Retailing | 4232 Garden Supplies Retailing | 7313 Gardening Services | 4511 Cafes and Restaurant
Applications are open until 11:59pm Thursday 24 June 2021.
or apply now
Temporary COVID Disaster Payment
The amount of the payment is $500 for people who normally work more than 20 hours in a week, and $325 for those who work less. The payment will only kick in if a lockdown lasts longer than a week and coincides with a Commonwealth designated hotspot.
- The person has to reside or work in a federally defined hot spot and must be unable to attend work due to the COVID restrictions
- It is available for Australian residents and are permitted to work in Australia
- The person does not have to have used up all their annual leave, but must have “insufficient other entitlements” such as pandemic sick leave
- The person must be at least 17 years old
- The person must not be receiving an income support payment or pandemic payment.
You can claim this payment using your Centrelink online account through myGov.
Find out more