Business Costs Assistance Program - open now
The Victorian Government’s $371 million Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two will assist eligible small to medium businesses (regional and metropolitan) most affected by the restrictions announced on Thursday 27 May 2021 and extended beyond Thursday 3 June 2021.
The program offers grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. The grants will support businesses in eligible sectors directly impacted by restrictions.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $10 million can receive grants of $2,500 or $5,000.
Eligible sectors include:
- 4231 Hardware and Building Supplies Retailing
- 4232 Garden Supplies Retailing
- 7313 Gardening Services
- 4511 Cafes and Restaurant
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located within Victoria
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
Applications are open until 11:59pm Thursday 24 June 2021.
Read more or apply now