Ball Australia is a wholesale plant nursery operating from custom built state of the art facilities in Skye, in the outer suburbs of Melbourne. The nursery produces starter plants and seedlings which are then shipped Australia wide. We are part of the Ball Horticultural company whose head office is based in Chicago USA, and has offices throughout the world.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience with operating machinery on a production line, that can be trained up to operate both sowing and gapping machines. The roles are full time.
We are looking for the someone with the following attributes:
- Attention to detail who can maintain a high level of quality control
- Highly self motivated
- Able to work as part of a team
- Adaptable – may be working over several machines each day
- Excellent communication skills
- Ablility to operate computer controlled machinery
- The role will also involve assisting other machine operators, as well as potentially working in other areas of the nursery including hand gapping, hand sowing, deflasking and sticking.
- Flexibility with work hours (start/finish times) and overtime as required is essential.
- Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org